Candle Care & Soy Wax
So, why Soy Wax is better for you?
Our products are all 100% Soy Wax, which means they include no toxins or pollutants, such as the petrol-carbon soot you get from petroleum-based paraffin products. This will mean my products are highly unlikely to trigger allergies or be harmful to us, our loved ones and pets.
Soy Wax is also 100% vegan and does not use any animal products within production. This wax also burns at a cooler temperature, which means you can enjoy your Sara-Jane products for longer than any paraffin comparison (30-50% longer).
Within this website, I write a regular blog, which covers many candle/wax melt related articles but it is also used to provide advice and tips to all frequently asked questions, so ensure you subscribe and look out for my blog.
My blog can be found in the tab at the top of every page!
My Suggestions – Guidance on maximising your Sara-Jane Candle!
- When you first light your candle, make sure your first burn is at least 3 hours, to create a full melt pool. This is really important, as it will maximise the fragrance for future use.
- You must keep the wick trimmed (1/4 inch), as this allows a soot-free burn and less flame flickering!
- Do not burn for more than 4 hours and always extinguish when you have 1/2 inch of wax left at the bottom of your vessel!
- Finally, never leave a burning candle unattended, or within reach of flammable objects, children or pets!
An unlit Sara-Jane Candle – Natural Changes
- If you have purchased multiple candles and have not immediately lit them, you may notice that the candle starts to show some variations in colour or surface texture, this is called ‘frosting’, and is completely normal.
- Soy wax candles natural do this as the Soy Wax returns to its natural state.
- It does not affect how the candle burns, in fact, the fragrance within Soy wax improves with time.