“Self-love is not selfish; you cannot truly love another until you know how to love yourself.”
It goes without saying that the past 13 months have been challenging for us all. Many of us juggling working from home with home-schooling and running a business. After all that, there isn’t much time left to look after ourselves. We ALL need a little self love in our lives!
5 simple self care tips from home
- Burning your favourite candle or wax melt – The simple action of lighting a candle can be life saving. There is something about watching the flame dancing that makes us feel calm & collected. Choose aromas such as lavender to promote calmness & wellness. This scent is also said to help reduce stress, anxiety, and possibly even mild pain. If candles aren’t your thing, why not try a wax melt? See the full collection of the melts that I offer here.
- Take a soak in the bath – Stock up on the good bath salts, make yourself a drink & grab your rubber duck! Allowing yourself to fully relax in the hot water will melt away your stresses. For calming effects, add an essential oil like lavender or camomile. To energise & refresh try an oil with citrus note such as orange or lemon.
- Get lost in a good book – Something about getting truly lost in a good book really intrigues me. That moment when you lose all track of time and space and read the pages like you’re living in them! Find the perfect spot in your home, add a mug of steaming hot tea & a choccy biscuit or two. That’s my idea of heaven.
- Cook from scratch – Who doesn’t love a wholesome, home cooked meal? We are often so busy in our lives that we grab something quick & easy from the supermarket without really looking to check it’s nutritional contents. Cooking a meal from scratch with fresh, proper ingredients makes all the difference and you can get totally lost in the methodical process.
- Surrounding yourself in nature – It’s one of the quickest and best ways to feel grounded. You could go for a stroll in your favourite woodland area, along a local sandy beach, high up on a hill top or push yourself and hike to the top of a mountain! Breathing in this fresh, oxygenated air is so good for you. Did you know that the negative ions in sea air accelerate your ability to absorb oxygen? So breathing in this salty air balances your serotonin levels; a body chemical linked with mood and stress.
Other types of self love
Doing the bare minimum, for some, is their idea of ‘self care’, for others it’s doing the opposite and going for a sweaty run or a hot yoga class. Whatever suits you it’s more important now than ever to implement it into your life. Just do YOU!
I would love to hear some of your ideas for the perfect bit of ‘me time’, let me know yours!
Why not treat yourself or a loved one to a little piece of calm in the chaos every month with our monthly subscription box of soy wax melts?
I enjoy sharing my self care ideas because they always make me feel more myself again, so I hope that they help you too!